PDA

View Full Version : Times To Trade

ForexTools
05-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Times To Trade

Trading the OTC (over the counter) currency markets offers an opportunity to hedge stock and bond investing, but really is more of a traded market following the ebbs and flows of global commerce than it is an investment arena to plan retirement from. Getting to know six major currency pairs would seem an easy task when compared to the tens of thousands of stock and bond options available for analysis.
Forex trade is not all about how each currency will move against the Usd, just as important is knowing when the market will have momentum, because that is key to not getting caught in reversals and snap-backs whilst leveraged at 100:1.
Setting times to trade really does make a lot of sense with the near-term view that forex valuations carry, and the fact that each 24 hour period has to absorb three regional commercial market's trade, in Asian, Europe and the U.S.
There are three main forex moving times that regularly garner attention, and therefore offer an ability to move prices with momentum. They are the 2am EDT German Dax futures market getting underway, the 6-7am EDT London gold/oil fixings and LIBOR rates being set, and the 11am EDT European market close.
Outside of that, the return from lunch in Japan between 11pm EDT and midnight, and the closing of the NYMEX markets at 2.30 pm EDT really are the only other times that prices move substantially and then hold.
At the end of the U.S. session the pattern is for Asian markets to try and initially reverse U.S. trade direction, although the lack of volume tends to soon allow pairs to find and hold support areas. The European markets tend to move in the same direction as Asian trade, and then Chicago based futures movement will try to reverse things back in the direction of where the U.S. previously closed, and re-set their books as the London fixings are placed between 5-6am EDT.
At 10:30am GMT in London, telephone bids for the gold and oil fixings take place, something that sets the morning clearing prices for bullion and crude dealers that (are then adjust once again at 3.30pm GMT). At 11am GMT each day in London the British Bankers Association set the inter-bank LIBOR rates, something that sets the tone for lending rates between financial market participants.
The London fixings tend to force Chicago based futures markets into a re-alignment program at 06:00 EDT that replicates the newly set fair values on oil, gold, and lending rates, and by default tends to then impact Usd based currency values. It is rare for the U.S. not to push back each morning and reverse the pattern of forex trade that came before, especially if a sizeable move has happened in overnight forex trade.
Forex traders really need to know what is going to trigger the technical set-ups, and therefore be prepared to ride momentum while it lasts, and to cap expectancy and exposure in things are moving against the near-term trend. In the trading forex arena there are different things to look for than in the equity and bond investment world; a week in forex absorb fifteen regional equity market moves, and all of which are movinmg for varying commercial regions, and using foreign exchange to hedge commitments, repatriate overseas profits, align reserve values, and garner swap interest.
The European and NYMEX close (11am EDT and 2.30 pm EDT are the U.S. based things to get out of the way, because then, maybe, the equity markets can reveal where they really want to go, and by default send the Usd in the opposite direction. Traders looking for moves outside of 2am, 6am, 11am, and maybe 2:30 EDT, may just find themselves sitting and waiting, wondering why they just bought the high of the day that then reversed.
Try it out, take a look at a volume study in forex futures, or look at the longest daily 30 minute candles, and see on average what time they hit. Then look at the times that nothing happens. That is not luck, it is the forex market tagging along, following the ebbs and flows of global commercial trade.
As the global economy travels trades its way out of the business cycle trough phase, the leaning is towards looking at S&P futures trade to confirm near-term sentiment, and risk tolerance. The speculators are never too far away from the S&P in times of fear; either selling into the fear of loss, or buying into the fear of missing profits. That is the reason for so much near-term volatility, and that is how things will stay until signs of GDP expansion are seen globally.
Until then it seems that the 24 hour a day S&P futures trade will set up the eight hour S&P cash market for currency traders to monitor, that will be followed by the S&P futures market tracking the 16 hours of Asian and European activity. Forex will follow that equity trend, at least until interest rates start to rise globally, and economic expansion takes place. At that time interest rate differentials will take over the valuation of forex pairs, to the greater degree.

Master Forex IB
08-09-2013, 05:10 AM
For me good time of trade is in the morning and after noon .This time suits me according to my time zone. In evening I can avail quick market when London and US session overlap . It is good time to get profits . I avoid volatile market .

HundEr
06-18-2015, 08:43 AM
I like Asian session most of all.

vic84
07-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Timings in forex are very flexible, so you should choose a time in which you can trade comfortable without any disturbance.

HoneyLilly
09-09-2015, 05:18 AM
Currency pairs change their popularuty over the week. Here you can find a little to learn about the characteristics of the pair on certain days (https://freshforex.com/encyclopedia-forex/Popularity_of_pairs_over_the_week/).
I found this article just couple years ago and that worked. never thought that such a bullsh*t can work

Abu Boccor
09-18-2015, 05:49 AM
Generally, we the traders select our trading time according to our trading experience. In my trading career, I at all times I am able to trade due to only one pip trading spread that I am getting from my trading broker MXTrade. By means of this narrowest trading spread, I can make profit constancy by using any kind of trading strategy. So, my trading life is very much profitable.

HoneyLilly
09-18-2015, 10:54 AM
its not about traders' time, its about time of the market dude

tuster
09-25-2015, 08:29 AM
I do not limit myself in the time of trade. When I have free time I'm trading. In general, Freshforexm platform is always opened on my PC.

Abu Boccor
11-16-2015, 10:54 AM
As a professional trader, I like to trade during news despite of too much difficultly. By the way, I am very lucky to select MXTrade as my trading platform where at all times I am getting live economic calendar which is very supportive to trade during news by providing all important information on the financial health of various economics.

orni308
12-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Choosing trading time depends on the comfort of the individual trader, and trader should also choose a time when he is most comfortable, rather than forcely trading in a different time.

Abu Boccor
12-08-2015, 04:51 AM
Actually, I like to trade in that time when I can predict the real faction of this market with surely. And, I am very lucky to select MXTrade as my trading broker which always make sure best trading environment for using any kinds of trading strategy by providing lowest trading spread. so, my trading life is very much profitable.

Umar Khalifa
12-15-2015, 09:30 AM
There is nobody who can predict the real faction of this market with certainly. So, for keeping survive we have to depend on our trading strategy that we select according to our trading experience. In my trading life, I am very much dependable on price action strategy that is I always use in my trading platform Trade12 due to getting proper candlestick.

tuster
12-18-2015, 09:23 AM
And I have two main periods for trading: 2 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon. I think that in psychological term such gaps are the best possible. And if in the evening I trade on currency pairs, then in the morning I usually use the opportunity to trade on the exchange with freshforex instruments.

Abu Boccor
01-18-2016, 02:32 AM
As a professional trader, I always like to trade during news, even though by and large traders in particularly the newcomers avoid news trading due to lack of exact fundamental data. For news trading in a proper way, I have chosen MXTrade trading broker because of live economic calendar that at all time shows all important information on the financial health of various economics.

Martin Kent
01-21-2016, 11:44 AM
We shouldn't be concern about when to trade, as I consider all times pretty much equal, if we want to be successful then we have to be good enough to trade anytime, as it should be down to analyzing, if we do that properly then we could make it pretty big. I am not the best in analyzing, but thanks to OctaFX broker, I get pretty good support through their daily market news and analysis service, it is very accurate and free too.

Abu Boccor
01-26-2016, 08:34 AM
As a professional trader, I always like to trade during news, even though we the traders avoid news trading due to lack of accurate fundamental knowledge. For news trading, I am very much dependable on my live economic calendar that always makes use my trading broker MXTrade. By using this financial datebook, I am able to calculate the real faction of this market with certainly during news.

Hilry Canes
02-23-2016, 02:28 AM
Abu Boccor, I consider news trading very risky and believe me there are many traders who prefer to avoid news because sometimes due to inflation we see things not working as they should, I don’t mind it because with OctaFX broker, I get 15 dollars profits per lot size trade which makes me fairly relaxed even with the news trading, but the important part is, we must use SL since without that things are really tough to handle for newbies.

Abu Boccor
02-23-2016, 12:01 PM
In my trading career, I am very lucky to select MXTrade as my trading broker from where I am able to trade at all times with only one pip lowest trading spreads which is very supportive to make profit constancy by using any kinds of trading strategies with scalping that brings profit in a short time.

Annette Ashley
03-22-2016, 01:10 PM
Honestly a good trader should be least concern of when he is trading because it’s all good, but if we are lacking in knowledge or education then it is going to be the problem with these stuff. I’m using cTrader platform and that’s simply terrific with having advance charting system that really helps me with analyzing while this is provided by OctaFX broker which is one of the greatest companies at present in the whole industry and working with them is a delight.

Umar Khalifa
03-24-2016, 09:06 AM
Actually, we the traders select our trading time according to our trading experience. I have been using Trade12 trading broker from my first day of trading due to lowest trading spreads which is very supportive to trade at all times and this flexible trading spreads is very helpful to predict the market wit certainly.

William Wesson
02-28-2020, 04:01 PM
After you've been trading with a little live account for some time and you know what you're doing, it's alright to store more money and increase your measure of trading capital. Knowing what you're doing comes down to disposing of your unfortunate propensities, understanding the market and trading methodologies, and dealing with your feelings. In the event that you can do that, you can be fruitful trading forex.